Monday, November 23, 2009

Pantomime Review

I thought the pantomime project was a fun and enjoyable project because it let us experiment with certain situations, which we will most likely encounter in our lives. It lets us imagine that we were actually going through these scenarios, and I believe that it helped us all become more comfortable with pantomime. I found all four scenes we had to act out were both difficult and easy because of certain aspects. For instance the movie scenario I found getting past the four audience members was quite difficult but purchasing the food was not. I wanted to be as creative with this assignment as possible and I did not want to do the ordinary of what I expected other kids in the class to do. Which is why I pretended to watch a cooking show while I was cooking the pot of chilly.

The first scene I did was the scenario, which I was pretending to make a pot of chilly. I had to pretend it came out much to spicy, and figure out what I would do with it. I know that with chilly when it is too spicy you put more tomato sauce in it, so I acted out as thou I was doing that. At first I found it difficult to pretend I was opening the can of tomato sauce, so I decided to make it seem as thou I was using a can opener on the can and dumping it in the pot. The second scene I was acting out was a walk in the park. I was suppose to pretend as thou I was taking a stroll in the park and I found a purse and inside were a few various items, including a wallet. I decided to pull out a few items, which you were not likely to find in a purse. That is why I pulled out a baseball bat, instead of makeup. I was thinking about how to be creative with this scene and thought about going either way, I could keep the items in the purse or leave them in the purse where I found them but I thought it would be much better if I pretended the owner of the purse saw me rummaging through their bag and made me give it back and leave.

I liked this project and am looking forward to starting our next unit.


No comments:

Post a Comment