Monday, December 14, 2009

Drama Reflection 12/11/09

1) Why do actors spend time in their training learning to role play in pairs and small groups? How would this help them in a stage or film performance?

Actors spend their time training learning to role play in pairs and small groups so that when they are in a play presenting it to an audience or filming a show they can use the techniques they have learned and be able to apply it. Actors also learn how to role-play small groups and pairs so they can learn other techniques from other actors and improve their acting.

2)Which roles were the easiest for you to play today?

The easiest roles for me to play today were the roles that most resembled me, for example; the 14 year old boy on the beach with his family. That role was quite easy for me to play because I am a 14 year old boy so I know how they would think and act. I know that acting similar roles is easier because it does not enquire me to go out of my comfort zone or to think harder about what I need to do.

3) Which roles were the most difficult? Why?

The roles, which were most difficult for me to play, were the ones, which I was not easy to relate to, or opposite of me. The roles which I was asked to play a 45 year old women was not as easy as playing the 14 year old boy because I am not an adult, nor a women. It took me a little more effort to come up with a proper role to play, because I had to think about what to do based on the things I have seen from other women of that age. This role was harder as well because I had to go out of my comfort zone because acting like a girl is not something I am used to doing.

4)How much of your "self" did you put into your role?

The roles which I could easily relate to, of coarse I put a lot more of my self into it because it was easier and felt more comfortable because I am often taking on those roles in real life. They also required me to put myself into character though so it was not as though I wasn’t acting, I was still doing it, but it just did not evolve me going full out acting something different from my usual self. The scenarios, which I had to act something that I would typically, not, I believe that I did a good job taking on those roles but I definitely could have gone more to an extensive rate, into character. By changing the level and pitch of my voice more and the way I moved (how fast, slow, crouched, etc) would have definitely helped me out, which is what I will do for next class.

No comments:

Post a Comment